DIY Winter Wedding Favors
When it comes to hosting your dream winter wedding, Long Island Bridal Expo can help you locate the perfect vendor for your favors and invitations at one of our upcoming bridal shows. If you’re looking to add a personal touch to your favors, we also have some great suggestions on projects you can complete right in the comfort of your home.
- A popular idea is to create a CD Mix for each of your guests to take home once the party is over. Be sure to include songs that were played during your wedding reception, and decorate the disc sleeve with your names or a photo. You can also add short descriptions to the track list of when the song was played during your celebration, or what the song means to your relationship.
- You can never go wrong with food! Little jars filled with candy, coffee, or popcorn work well. They’re an affordable gift that will be sure to be put to use. Decorate the jar with glitter glue, a picture, or a sticker with your names and the date.
- Since the day light hours are shorter in winter, a clever idea is to create homemade lanterns or candles to give as favors. You can choose something that works with your theme; and personalization is made simple by attaching a tag or sticker.
- Search for unique, useful knick-knacks to customize. Some items that are easy to decorate are coffee mugs, magnets, notepads, and tote bags. You can also try personalizing items such as flashlights (or smaller pen lights), bottle openers, or key chains. Look for vendors that sell in bulk so that you can pay less for each item.
- Tree seedlings or packets of seeds are environmentally conscious gifts that are sure to delight your guests. You can order small evergreen trees online. They require little customization and can easily compliment any winter wedding theme.
- If you enjoy baking, get crafty in the kitchen by baking fresh cookies, caramel apples, or peppermint bark. Another idea is to create handmade fortune cookies for your guests. You can customize each fortune to ensure they’re still smiling long after leaving your celebration. It’s a thoughtful and creative way to thank your company for spending your special day with you.
For more great ideas for your wedding, search for the nearest show location near you, and attend one of our Long Island Wedding Expos.