Weddings are full of firsts: first kiss as husband and wife, first entrance, and of course, the first dance. There are a multitude of song options to choose from, ranging from tradition first dance songs to more unique tunes that fit perfectly with the couple. Our team at Long Island Bridal Expo, with the help of the people at Spotify, have compiled a list of the top 10 first dance songs, for you and your partner to use, or to spark your imagination and choose a song of your own.
1. Etta James, “At Last”- This romantic song is the perfect accompaniment to the beautiful couple’s first dance. With its powerful lyrics and classic tune, there is no doubt that everyone in attendance will feel the love.
2. Jason Mraz, “I’m Yours”- Having a summer wedding? Or even a destination one? This song could not be a better match. With its cool, island melody and lovely words, it will put a smile on the faces of the bride, groom, and guests.
3. Jack Johnson, “Better Together”- Let Jack’s smooth melody and sweet lyrics guide you in your first dance as husband and wife.
4. Michael Buble, “Everything”- Keep a classy, sophisticated vibe at your wedding with this song. Its up-beat tempo will have everyone itching to dance with you two!
5. Adele, “Make Your Feel My Love”- The elegance of this song and Adele’s voice will radiate on your wedding and perfectly capture the feelings of your first dance.
6. Brad Paisley, “Then”- If country music is more your thing, numbers 6 and 7 has got you covered! “Then” has a soft melody and beautiful message behind its lyrics, making it perfect for a first dance song.
7. Rascal Flatts, “God Bless the Broken Road”- This fantastic country song has an amazing tune along with a heartwarming significance within the words that are being sung.
8. Queen, “You’re My Best Friend”- Smiles all around when this hit starts playing for your first dance. Everyone will love this classic rock hit as much as they love the newlywed couple.
9. The Lumineers, “Hey Ho”- How can anyone argue with a first dance song whose lyrics are “I belong with you, you belong with me, you’re my sweetheart”?
10. Bright Eyes, “First Day of My Life”- You might be ignoring the song to stare into your partner’s eyes, but the rest of the eyes in the room will be on you two.